Mini Individual Turkey Loaves
I think by now its no secret that my family and I love all foods, minified (yeah, pretty sure I made that word up). My best friend Katie gave me this recipe a few years ago and I have been making it ever since. To avoid leaking her family’s secret recipe, I tweaked the recipe a bit, but it is still delicious and fun to make!
What you will need:
(1) lb. of chopped turkey meat
1/2 cup of breadcrumb
(2) cupcake/muffin tins
a tablespoon of Lipton Onion Soup Mix
(1) cup of barbecue sauce of your choice
*optional: a cup of shredded cheese
Serves: 4 (12 individual loaves)
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
1. Pre-heat the oven to 450°. Mix the turkey, breadcrumbs, Lipton soup mix, and egg.
2. Spoon a handful of chopped meat into each cup. Take the barbecue sauce and spread over each cup. For this recipe, I made most of the loaves covered in barbecue sauce, the others with shredded cheese.
3. Place in the oven for 25-30 mins @ 450°.
4. (Optional) Once the loaves are done baking, take them out of the oven, and put aside. For the loaves with cheese, place shredded cheese on top of the loaves and place back in the turned off oven for 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Keeping the oven off prevents over cooking the loaves and burning the cheese.
5. Serve immediately & enjoy!
If you have anything that might add a little something extra to this recipe, please feel free to comment below! Special thanks to Katie who basically taught me how to cook when we were younger!
Be sure to check back for more recipes from A Lot On Your Plate!